OST’s Management Consulting and Strategic Innovation Practice is founded on a rich and ongoing interaction between theory and practice, giving our projects an unprecedented success rate. The lessons we learn through implementation across many IT task orders are fed back into our strategic recommendations in an iterative improvement process that ensures our strategies not only work, but are sustainable over time. Furthermore, we consistently build in needed changes to support government regulations, including the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) and the modernization bill, enabling customers to choose the right adaptation path. From providing the Program Management Office (PMO) for billion-dollar programs to developing transformational roadmaps for organizations, OST brings in fresh, data-driven insights and applies a wide portfolio of tools to design programs and keep them on a ROI-positive trajectory.
FROM BUSINESS STRATEGY TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
Modernization is a continuous process today, given the fast advancement of technology and business practice. OST’s strategic advisors inject innovation into ongoing projects, ensuring they remain at the leading edge while continuing to provide meaningful results. We deeply understand product and service lifecycles, and help our customer adapt to industry changes.
Our management consultants are both hands-on practitioners and experts in:
- Developing Strategic Plans and Roadmaps
- Designing Metrics Programs and Dashboards for Data-Driven Decision Making
- Investment Management and Budget/Cost Analysis
- Developing Business Cases (including OMB 300s)/ROI Studies and Feasibility Studies
- Project and Program Management
- Business Process Optimization and Re-Engineering
- Data Modeling and Predictive Analytics
- Agile Software Development
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Best Practice Implementation and Institutionalization
- Benchmarking and Performance Monitoring
- Modernization Strategies and Impact Analysis
- Emerging Technologies Integration
- Regulatory Change Adaptation
OST PUT 40% MORE FUNCTIONALITY IN THE HANDS OF USERS IN AN ALREADY HIGH-PERFORMING CUSTOMER TEAM IN AN AGILE ENVIRONMENT BY COMBINING SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT WITH STATISTICS AND LEAN SIX SIGMA FOR NO INCREASE IN COST.
OUR WORK INCLUDES
- Planning and establishing supply and value chain systems
- Cost analysis and estimating activities for various program life cycle phases
- Providing operations research techniques (e.g., cost models, mathematical programming, software computer programming, statistical analysis, and application of probability at varied confidence levels) to predict the cost or other parameters of the project being studied
- Reviewing the Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)
- Supporting the analysis of mission, program goals and objectives
- Conducting program evaluations and analysis of program effectiveness
- Doing requirements analysis and other strategic analysis, including
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) strategy
- Reliability growth program.
- Briefing materials for program, milestone, and other reviews
- Acquisition Strategy (AS)
HOW WE DO IT
We ensure we have a robust understanding of our customers’ organizational missions, policies, directives, laws and regulations they are subject to, and their position in the broader ecosystem. By combining the expertise listed above with “soft” skills in organizational change and relationship building, OST is able to determine nuances of culture that will affect project implementation, judge a customer’s readiness for change, and map the networks of stakeholders that will drive decision making. Using this knowledge, OST then builds a guiding coalition within the customer’s organizations so our recommendations have true staying power.
As we move towards implementation, OST puts to work our comprehensive set of tools and frameworks derived from best practices refined through many projects. We help our customers make data-driven decisions supported by predictive analytics, so they can be confident in the outcomes.
OST MANAGED THE PMO FOR A $26 BILLION GRANTS MODERNIZATION PROGRAM WHERE WE COLLABORATED WITH GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATIVES TO CONSOLIDATE THE TOOL SET AND TRANSFORM FROM PAPER TO A DIGITALLY AUTOMATED SYSTEM.
Department of Homeland Security – Project 3
OST recently completed the migration of the customer’s IT system to a highly secure FedRAMP Government Owned Government Operated (GOGO)…
Department of Homeland Security – Project 2
Since 2009, OST’s personnel provided technical, business, organizational, and on-the-ground assistance in the United States wherever major storms cause flooding.…
Department of Homeland Security – Project 1
OST is the primary contractor assisting the customer with administering the program, which manages approximately 5.6 million policies encompassing more…